Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

IB4%m trynig to develop a firmware for this two microcontrolers, but
still having not results.

Already had read the datasheet, but it looks like not working anyway.

If somebody have some tips, it would be very nice to tell us.

Thanks.

Re: Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

I personally like the Maxim IC derivitive DS89C450 flash micro series.
www.maxim-ic.com

I´m trynig to develop a firmware for this two microcontrolers, but
still having not results.

Already had read the datasheet, but it looks like not working anyway.

If somebody have some tips, it would be very nice to tell us.

Thanks.

Re: Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

But, did you ever tried to develep something is those models? Have
some opinion?

Re: Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

The ED2 is a bitch to get the ISP hardware right. The 450 is a doddle
......stick with the 450. make sure you buy the latest revision chips- early
revisions had serious bugs.

Re: Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

Using what development tools ? What's your education in this field ?

The datasheet teels you nothing about suitable programming methods. It
teels you how the chip works, not how to write programs.

What exactly are you trying to do ? Do you have any previous experience
on any other 8051 family chip or indeed any other uC ?

Graham

Re: Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

We have some firmwares that works on other models of chips, and I was
trying to make it works on this chips too.

Re: Somebody have something to say about the AT89C51ED2 and AT89S8253?

Please answer ALL these questions.

Which other models of chips ?

Are you trying to use exactly the same software in the 'ED2 ?

Check that the 'other' chips aren't using special functions not available in
the 89C51ED2

How are you programming the 89C51ED2 ? ( make of programmer or method)

What's the format of the source file ? (e.g. filename.extension )

Grahama

Site Timeline