Trouble porting boot loader for mcf548x (won't run OS image...)

I am attempting to port colilo (the boot loader included in the BSP
provlded by Freescale for the 5484/5485 eval board) to a custom board
based on the Freescale eval board.  The boards are very much the same
(ours didn't need things like the PCI connection or VGA) with the
exception of the memory map. The eval board has SDRAM at the top of
memory (0x0) and flash at the bottom whereas our board has flash at
(0x0) and SDRAM starting at 0x3000 0000. Our flash chips have their CS
tied together so I can only address them as one chip (dumb, don's ask
me why...). which is a pain but shouldn't matter for what I'm doing at
the moment.

Anyway, I've got Colilo starting up from flash, intializing the
flexbus and the SDRAM, the console works via RS232 and the ethernet is
up and going along with the tftp client that allows me to download
images into the RAM. The problem is that when I try to jump to that
image (vmlinux.bin) nothing happens. I just get no response after
issuing the go command. I've looked at what's going into ram after the
download and it's not corrupted (same as when I view the file with a
hex editor). I'm sort of stuck. The data is in ram, the address to
jump to is being passed to the "startimage" routine. What the heck
could be happening?

Any ideas at all would be much appreciated!!!

Re: Trouble porting boot loader for mcf548x (won't run OS image...)

Is there MMU persent at some point in your whole of your project ?
Sometimes, MMU can result in remapping (Virtual Memory Mapping) and so
that can cause problems, if the
MMU memory manipulation is not taken into consideration.

Karthik Balaguru

Site Timeline