rsyncing a file

Hi,

I would like to rsync a file not using ssh by rsync and have tried following: [little client] reg@NovaxPRG-T1111:/usr/share/NovaxTSP$ rsync --password-file=pwd log_record root@192.168.101.3::PRG-LOG/ ERROR: module is read only rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(805) [receiver=2.6.9] rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104) rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [sender=2.6.9] [/little dclient]

[server /etc/rsyncd.conf] # Minimal configuration file for rsync daemon # See rsync(1) and rsyncd.conf(5) man pages for help

# This line is required by the /etc/init.d/rsyncd script pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid use chroot = yes

# Simple example for enabling your own local rsync server [PRG-LOG] path = /usr/share/NovaxTSP/logs comment = PRG logfile [/server /etc/rsyncd.conf]

Any help would be appreciated! I don't know why it says the module is read only, /usr/share/NovaxTSP is chmoded 777 and the user is root anyways.

Btw: I'm not using ssh because i want to avoid any password prompts and i do not have a chance to get a key file and i settled on rsync rather than ftp because we already have rsync installed on the server. chEErs roN

--
chEErs roN
Reply to