Script to download file using wget

Hi

I need a Shell script that will download a text file every second from a http server using wget.

Can anyone provide me any pointers or sample scripts that will help me go about this task ???

regards

techie

Reply to
techie.embedded

Using bash:

#!/bin/bash

cd ????? # where you want the file

while true do wget --no-host-directories http://www.xxx.yyy/aaa/bbb/??? sleep 1 done

Of course this will run at intervals slightly longer than one second, you can not achieve that kind of timing precision from a shell script.

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman