~$100 SBC with audio and USB

Hey,

Are there any ~US$100 SBCs with audio and USB support with a processor good enough to do MP3 decoding?

If not ~US$100, then what would be the cheapest?

TIA,

Siddhartha

Reply to
Siddhartha Jain

Have you considered one of the Geode Based Thin Clients? These often have a disk on chip, built in network, quantity of RAM, USB ports etc. and of course network interface.

I think that Some have IDE headers, others have PCMCIA cards.

They nearly all have Sound output, so build an Linux based MP3 player that either uses a built in hard disk or gets its songs from a server somehwere.

On ebay, these seem to go quite cheaply, for a few tens of dollars.

Cheers, Vincent

Reply to
V Crabtree

Have you considered one of the Geode Based Thin Clients? These often have a disk on chip, built in network, quantity of RAM, USB ports etc. and of course network interface.

I think that Some have IDE headers, others have PCMCIA cards.

They nearly all have Sound output, so build an Linux based MP3 player that either uses a built in hard disk or gets its songs from a server somehwere.

On ebay, these seem to go quite cheaply, for a few tens of dollars.

Cheers, Vincent

Reply to
V Crabtree

I use a VIA EPIA board (Mini-ITX format) for this purpose. It is running diskless, booting linux via ethernet. Via does offer several different boards.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch						mario@klebsch.de
PGP-Key available at http://www.klebsch.de/public.key

Look for the compaq ia2, which goes for $10 to $20 + $30 shipping (that's the catch). Some sellers might be willing to ship you just the main board (we got one for $5 shipping). With a +5v power (5 watts), you can set up an embedded firewall/web/mp3 server.

By the way, we will provide the Video, Audio, Modem (lucent) and external USB ethernet drivers with our Compact Flash Drives.

See

Tech Support for IDE-CF