Guerrilla warfare

Sorry to duck out of the fray like this, but I've had some work come in that needs to be attended to.

--
John Fields
Reply to

Stay away as long as you like!

John Fortier

Reply to
John Fortier

Good luck.

Reply to
Baphomet

You guys remind me of a design group I once worked with....They would bust each others balls all day....at the end of the day they were doing high fives over beers down the street.....Next day, same ole, same ole.....What the hell....I'm having a good time!

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:53:09 GMT, Ross Mac said,

it can be fun. sometimes it goes to OT hell or gets old.

busting on co-workers is pretty normal. it's those that take themselve too seriously that i can't work with. they can't take a joke. some kind of inferiority complex or litle dick syndrome.

i remember a designer who had a hard time listening and understanding. he worked well independently. it was interfacing with others he had trouble with. this is all pretty normal, but i thought he was harder to deal with than most. i'd have to bust his balls, show him stuff in black and white and written in stone and even draw him pictures. then we'd end up laughing, sometimes 'til our sides hurt. sometimes we'd work way late on a problem and we'd always go home feeling that we'd accomplished something whether it was a solution, or just a major landmark. there was always progress.

mike

Reply to
Active8

Sorry to disillusion you Ross, but if I met Jonny boy in a bar, I'd probably high five his nose!

Reply to
John Fortier

bust

ole.....What

An interesting one.

Who ended up implementing the problem to the solution?

DNA

Genome

--
This from a non-violent facilitator?

The picture is getting clearer...
Reply to
John Fields

Yeah!...my experience too..take care, Ross

bust

ole.....What

Reply to
Ross Mac

It never matters...as long as the "concept is good"!

high

Reply to
Ross Mac

Ok....not disillusioned....just having some fun....later, Ross

bust

ole.....What

probably

Reply to
Ross Mac

The old saying...."You make your bed, you lie in it" applies here doesn't it?.....later, Ross

bust

ole.....What

probably

Reply to
Ross Mac

bust

ole.....What

probably

Or you might invoke item m) and claim the other party is using item n).

Unfortunately you used n) first, perhaps to catch an f). But, on the other hand the other party, in response, posted another n), having avoided your original n) in response to a perceived invitatonal j), which may have been a pseudo m)

If you take some time to think about it then it all makes sense.

DNA

Genome

Hmmm,

You're a bastard of the highest quality.

DNA

Genome

Reply to
Ross Mac

bust

ole.....What

probably

Jonny boy, I've never claimed to be non violent. 12 years in the Army, remember. Bear that in mind.

Reply to
John Fortier

This is getting better and better. A self-appointed moderator and missionary for newsgroup civility is now threatening violence.

John

(2586 lines of debugged embedded 68K assembly code in under a week, how's that?)

Scary as hell... I hope its not for a hospital. :)

Reply to
Robert Monsen

Nope! And come to think of it, nothing you've ever posted has.

--

"Windows [n.], A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch
               to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit

--
Astounding!

I'm sitting here with about 4000 lines of 6800 (705C8A) and two bugs to
get rid of (unless getting rid of them introduces some more) after about
160 hours. (All from scratch, though, except for a fixed point divide)
Reply to
John Fields