Guerrilla warfare

I used to like 6800 programming; I actually wrote a realtime exec for one once, with a token ring data sharing thing. But writing divides, especially long ones, was a serious pain. The 68332 is a pleasure to program in assembly: all those juicy 32-bit registers, lovely symmetric instruction set, hardware mul/div to 64 bits. It's a lot more fluid than 8-bit programming, where dealing with the bytes takes up more time than the problem itself. I sure hope Motorola (or whoever inherits SPS) keeps making them.

This current box is a pulsed gradient driver, essentially a dac+super-precision transimpedance amplifier. All the safety protections for the fets and stuff are done by the uP in realtime, which makes debug single-stepping interesting. Wanna see a picture?

What's your gadget do?

John

I read in sci.electronics.design that Paul Burridge wrote (in ) about 'Guerrilla warfare', on Wed, 22 Oct 2003:

When he's on this planet, Genome knows a great deal about SMPS and has given good advice on them.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!
Reply to
John Woodgate

--
Coprophagous, boot-licking toadys like you, on the other hand, seem to
be here for no good reason but to egg on dissention and foment trouble.

You better be careful, Fortier's gonna be on your case if you don't
shape up, soldier!
Reply to
John Fields

Aye, Aye sir!.........Ross

are!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Um, good point; some of these *will* be used in hospitals and drug manufacturing companies. Maybe I should give the code another quick read-through.

John

You bet!
Reply to
John Fields

I'll bear that in mind. In the mean time, I'm just rather curious to know which particular psychotropic drug he's (evidently) on. :-)

--

"Windows [n.], A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch
               to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit

I read in sci.electronics.design that Paul Burridge wrote (in ) about 'Guerrilla warfare', on Wed, 22 Oct 2003:

There seems to be a tendency to overdose on ethanol, but other compounds may be involved.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!
Reply to
John Woodgate

Hello John! Where have you been hiding? ;-)

--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Whoa John,....that bad huh....you would think you knew something about me???? Hmmmm....a boot licking toady...and what was that...egg on dissention? Did you read the same post I did??? Whatever rings your bell John.....the guys a prick....catch on!

are!

Reply to
Ross Mac

--- Only what you reveal from your posts, and you've already said that the only reason you top-post is to enrage some folks who would otherwise not have to deal with a problem you intentionally created.

---

--- Yes, you seem to ally yourself with some select troublemakers by not criticising them in order not to incur their wrath over your own shenanigans. Of course you may have a different perception from mine of what a troublemaker is, but that's my impression.

---

...and what was that...egg on dissention?

--- Yes. In other words, adding fuel to the fire. Your comments seem generally designed to widen the scope of a conflagration for no reason but pyromania.

---

--- All of them, and all of yours to boot.

---

--- And you aren't, putz?^)

-- John Fields

Reply to