Electro-Voice 664 microphone - replacement element?

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement element for an Electro-Voice 664 microphone? It's a vintage mike.

Great mike for tube ham rigs as well as for general P.A. use. The element I have - the coil connections have corroded away. :-(

Great sounding mike - then went dead as described.

Have tried electrovoice.com, no luck. Many vintage mike websites, but no one selling elements.

Thanks,

Mike KB8RJO

Reply to
Mike Mayer

Nope. EV no longer has elements. The coils on these get bent and then go open. As far as I know, nobody can rebuild dynamic mike coils.

They don't exist. Spend $50 and get a new one at a hamfest.

-scott

--
"C'est un Nagra.  C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to

It probably won't fit and it is not "original" but I have used the receiver element from those old black "500 type" telephones. The receiver makes a good dynamic microphone with an impedance of ( I think) about 500 Ohms.

Bill K7NOM

Reply to
Bill Janssen

Mike, your best bet is likely to pick up a used 664 on eBay, then either canabalize it for parts or use it as a total replacement, depending on its condition. It's not uncommon to find these on eBay.

For example, here are two typical and current listings:

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover