Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where to buy soft iron rods
anyone know where I can buy soft iron rods in various sizes and shapes? Seems to be a nightmare to find anything. thanks.
16
16

DC from 2 candles?
You have probably seen this before, but I was just sent a video which features a guy taking two candles, about 4" dia. X 3" tall, and sticking a nail into the side of each one, then rubbing a magnet...
2
2

Help
Hello...first of all,sorry for my bad english...I need help. I am using a program Micro-cap, i have one sheme (BBB4 VLF reciever) , and i need to put that sheme in Micro-cap,but the problem is next:...
4
4

Flyback Transformer Shot?
Hi, I'm trying to get an old Loewe Colour TV going. I replaced a blown fuse, but now I get a corona discharge at the top of the flyback transformer where it shouldn't be. Any definitive opinions as to...
2
2

measuring picoamps.
[[Mod. note -- I have set followups to the poster. If you think there are more general physics-research-related issues, edit the followups line as appropriate.] -- jt]] Hi All, I want to measure...
1
1

TV antenna aimed out window
If you installed a UHF TV antenna in your attic, and the attic had a window which you could have the antenna aimed through toward the transmitter, would doing so afford any benefit to reception? Or...
3
3

magnetic flux question
can someone tell me if this is true or false? magnetic flux more easily travels through ferrite/soft iron then it does air. so a coil with an air core is less "magnetically conductive" then a coil...
4
4

Need MC68HC705 programmer
Hi, I need to program a MC68HC705 Processor. Anyone know where I can find a programmer? thanks Vince
1
1

Home made tv antenna?
cc&p: A friend lives in a somewhat remote area with regard to the tv broadcast signals. The nearest (2 UHF channels to the north) emanate from 40 miles away. All the rest are from around 65 mi....
3
3

How ,,induction’’ lamp works and absurdities of quantum hypothesis
How ,,induction=92=92 lamp works and absurdities of quantum hypothesis The induction lamp mechanism contradicts both classical electromagnetism and quantum theory. It is absolutely unimaginable for a...

Need electronic guru
I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a standard 3-prong outlet. It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a sticker on it that says EMI/RFI Filter....
3
3

A couple LED questions
1. Can a multi-colored LED (like the one here - colors 30 times per second? 2. Does anyone sell a multi-colored LED that is capable of displaying more than 256 colors?
12
12

take a break from work and play a cool flash game
take a break from work and play a cool flash game

Film scanner service v.s. film and slide sanner puchase
Does anybody know if there is any place that provides the service to convert the film into digital pictures? I was also looking for an affordable film and slide scanner, but I am worried that even if...
4
4

Potential Energy
When we go upstairs we spend a lot of energy that gets stored as potential energy. When we go downstairs we waste all the potential energy. Couldn't anyone invent a good way of coming down so the...
16
16