Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Film scanner service v.s. film and slide sanner puchase
Does anybody know if there is any place that provides the service to convert the film into digital pictures? I was also looking for an affordable film and slide scanner, but I am worried that even if...
4
4

Potential Energy
When we go upstairs we spend a lot of energy that gets stored as potential energy. When we go downstairs we waste all the potential energy. Couldn't anyone invent a good way of coming down so the...
16
16

RF signal bypass from power
Hi.. I have an old observation camera Philips VCM8160. From some readings I presume the signal comes in RF mode.. not video composite (the camera also has audio built in). I alredy looked for Philips...
2
2

Looking to block / jam VHF frequencies.
Cross-posted to / misc, as I didn't know which one would be most appropriate. Anyone know of a RF noise generator / jammer, that could operate in VHF frequencies? Preferably in UK / Europe. Ideally a...
27
27

ABCD parameters
I am attempting to understand the computation of various interesting quantities (eg, insertion loss as a function of frequency) that come out of an analysis of a lossless LC filter using the ABCD...
2
2

Headsets
Do you talk on the phone for long hours? If yes, then buy headsets and perform your day to day activities while conversing with your friends.
1
1

Simple digital pulse delay,..
I'm looking for a way to introduce a small amount of dead time into an H-bridge. Switching frequency is up to 250kHz, so I'm looking to introduce about 500nS or maybe a bit less of dead time. I have...
20
20

LED based Wireless Networking
I would be intersted to get information about LED based Wireless Networking. R M Patnaik, PhD.
2
2

Free Filter Software Just Ask and You Shall Receive
Hello All Good Technical Folks; For you Electronic hobbyist. I have compiled software which should run on Win Xp or Vista as a 32 bit program which calculates values of C and R for the following type...

Products for electronic assembly and Repair

Speaker impedance
I have an old Chevy Cavalier convertible with the factory AM/FM cassette player in it. The rear 6X9 speakers are missing. I have several old speakers lying around, which would be good enough for what...
1
1

LM317 with pass transistor
Hi, I'm looking at a circuit in the TI datasheet for the LM317 voltage regulator. Fig 14 on page 12 shows a circuit with a 2n2905 PNP transistor and a TIP73 pass transistor. I am wondering if I can...
2
2

Difference between an optocoupler and a SSR
Does anybody know the difference between an optocoupler and a Solid State Relay? Thank you very much! Kind Regards, Mat=EDas
4
4

syntax-J video gadget?
got hold of a mystery gadget; a professional lookign circuit board installed into a VCR tape box, with a video in rg connector, a video out rg connector, and an 18 volt AC power jack. google comes up...
4
4

What fails in CCFL inverters?
What fails most commonly in inverter circuits in, for example, 18 inch LCD displays? I know anything *can* fail. But is there a common, high-frequency failure component in these inverters? Thanks.
30
30