Need electronic guru

I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581

Without knowing brand/model, you're going to have one helluva time finding anything out about this beast.

The red light could be anything from "The outlet is hot, so the rest of the sockets are too" to "The EMI/RFI function has died", or anything at all in between.

The green light being on/off may or may not mean anything. Could be that at one time, it indicated the EMI/RFI filtering was good to go. Could mean that something is plugged into it. Could mean darn near anything at all.

Sorry, guy, but I really don't think even a guru can help you without having more information about the thing.

--
Email shown is deceased. If you would like to contact me by email, please
post something that makes it obvious in this or another group you see me

You are probably right.

I posted a message as well to a physicist on a site that makes EMI/RFI filtering products.

I may get lucky.

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581

Golden rule for security devices: when in doubt, replace :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok