Xilinx XPS - OPB - EMC software halts. Someting fishy

Hello there..
Hope that someone would help me. I am using the the OPB_EMC ip to read
and write from a flash memory.
The problem is that if on the following code "XIo_Out16
(XPAR_OPB_FLASH_CNRTLR_MEM0_BASEADDR + address.long_word,
data_word.word)"
the variable data_word is 0x400000 or 0x700000 the software halts in
that particular line. I got into this conclusion after running in debug
mode GDB. As far as I understand the even if no flash memory is
connected, under no cirumstences the opb_ems should halt the microblaze
processor.

Please note that the rest of the number doesn't matter (the problem
occurs even if the Lsbs are different then '0')

Has anyone encounter such a problem??

thanks and best regurds.

BTW - the XPAR_OPB_FLASH_CNRTLR_MEM0_BASEADDR  is 0x24000000 and the
max addres is 0x25ffffff so the is no address conflict.

Guy Zur

Site Timeline