Xilinx training

Hi,

Has anyone here taken VHDL training classes from Xilinx?

Are they any good?/worth the money?

Any review/feedback on those classes would be appreciated

Jakub

Reply to
Jakub Dudek

Most classes are given through distributers (Avnet, Insight etc) and are introductory level. You learn basic language constructs, how to create a project and compile, debug simple errors. The emphasis being on around the product being hawked. Oh yea, you get the business card of the teacher and FAE for any questions. I never saw many engineers get a whole hell of a lot from this in and of itself.

I did take these courses, after I had learned the subject - my "boss" wanted everyone in our group to take them. I learned more from books and working with others in my group. There are lots of good books and resources on the internet.

[Some] University courses are good as well. They tend to concentrate on the language set - many courses offer an EDA appendix' to the course as well - unfortuantely most schools can't afford the Mentor or Synopsis platforms. Check this out.
Reply to
fabbl

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

A search in Google for "VHDL training" brings up ourselves plus most of our rivals. I'll leave it to the rest of the group to comment on each of us and our various merits...

What you go for depends on your current language skills, project experience and what you want to achieve through the course. If you're not sure, and your employers don't have a standard training supplier, I'd suggest phoning a few of the companies and discussing your requirements with one of their trainers.

Ian

-- Ian Poole, Consultant and Trainer

The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

Reply to
Ian Poole

Ian,

Excellent advice.

Aust> A search in Google for "VHDL training" brings up ourselves plus most of our

Reply to
Austin Lesea