ISE 5.2 constraint file problem

I have a vhdl project and I used a UCF file to assign the package pin to
each port in the design. This works fine. However, if I change my vhdl code
(let's say I remove an output port), I always get the following error when I
try to run the UCF editor:
ERROR:NgdBuild:756 - Line 3 in 'constraints.ucf': Could not find net(s)
   'outputA' in the design.  To suppress this error specify the correct net
   name or remove the constraint.

It seems like the UCF doesn't update itself with the new design. I tried
everything and I always have to start with a new UCF each time. The removed
port doesn't exist in the Edit constraints (TEXT) because I didn't add any
constraint to it. I really don't see how to do it.
Thanks
David

Re: ISE 5.2 constraint file problem
I found a workaround. If I add a new UCF, it seems like the old one gets
updated with the new design (with missing ports). I just add a new UCF,
delete it right away, and work with the old one.
David
code
net
removed

Re: ISE 5.2 constraint file problem

when
any

I use Aldec for a front end to Xilinx. This UCF editor is a major problem
for me always. The two don't communicate well with regards to the ucf, and
any changes that it may have.  You can get into an endless loop where one
wants the other to fix it, but it can't because he wants him to fix it etc..
"You must run translate after modifying the ucf". So try and run translate
and it says the ucf has an error because you added things etc. Very
frustrating.

Re: ISE 5.2 constraint file problem
Why don't you just tell it to ignore these?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian

Re: ISE 5.2 constraint file problem
Hallo David,

i also had this problem. My workaround is to delete the removed ports
manually from the ucf-file by using "Edit Constaints(Text)" from
theProcesses-Window.
This works fine and is fast.

best regards

Thomas Oehme