is it possible to design usb only with fpga?

Hi, Is it possible to make a USB 1.1 interface only with FPGA chip, I mean, without addtional transceiver chip? Thanks a lot!

Regards, rat

Reply to
rat

Not if I recall correctly. There are specific rise/fall-time requirements (and I forget what else) that FPGA I/Os don't support (or at least, didn't.)

Jason T. Wright

Reply to
jtw

Have a look to

I had a look to the VHDL source, and to the schematic.

He's not using any external transceiver, it seems.

Now, if I just learnt japanese at school :-)...

Reply to
Antonio Pasini

Antonio, Try

and stick the URL in the Website translate bit. No Japanese to Italian, but is English OK? cheers, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

I don't believe so, the signalling levels and pin tolerances of the USB spec aren't supported by any FPGA vendor AFAIK. You can get tiny SMD trancievers anyway so what's the problem?

Another question would be does anyone have a HOST controller core?

--Chuck

Reply to
Chuck McManis