How to control the running of NC-Sim and Xilinx ISE under Unix?

hi, everyone,

I want to run

ncvlog ncvhdl ncelab ncsim xst ngdbuild ..... under Unix. I've write a script for this, but with no control statement. How can i control the running flow, namely:

if (NCVLOG ERROR) then ERROR REPORT and STOP THE RUNNING....

or

if (XST ERROR) then ERROR REPORT and STOP THE RUNNING....

Thanks, Cheng

Reply to
uvbaz

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston

Thanks, Jon

The problem is, i dont know how to get the value e.g. ncvlog returns.

Regard, Cheng

Jon Beniston schrieb:

Reply to
uvbaz

You may want to use a Makefile for this. You can find an example Makefile for ISE tools here:

HTH, Jim

uvbaz wrote:

Reply to
Jim Wu

Thanks Jim,

They are very useful tools

Regard, Cheng

Jim Wu schrieb:

Reply to
uvbaz

ncvlog and ncelab return an exit status, like many executables under UNIX. I don't know about the other tools you mentioned.

With csh, you can test this with something like

ncvlog -f ncvlog.args if ($status != 0) then echo "ncvlog failed" exit endif

Other UNIX shells may use different mechanisms, but they should all provide access to the exit status.

Reply to
sharp

Ok, understand.

Thanks, sharp. Cheng