FPGA/ASIC design comparaison

Hi, I'd like to aske an important, for me, question : I have to compare the improvement of my design (the new version and the old one) with the same design that was implemented using ASIC. I am using Xilinx Virtex II for my implementations. The comparaison is about the area efficiency ratio : area(new_design)/area(old_design) and speed(new_design)/speed(old_design) and this comparaison is made for FPGA and ASIC implementations. The probleme is : do i have to take in consideration the number of 4 input LUT's used as a route-thru. I think that the correcte totale number of used LUT's will be : totale number of used LUT's "-" number of LUT's used as a route thru. Is that correcte or i have to take them in account too???

Thank for any help

Reply to
Oleg