FPGA Archives

How do you get messages from comp.arch.fpga archives?

Google brings up headings that I may want to read, however, when I click on those headings I go to the archives that are listed by year and month. There isn't a clear way to find the message that I wanted to read.

Brad Smallridge Ai Vision

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

The way I used to do it is to use the browsers search within the page funciton to find the words I originally told google to look for. Nowadays, if I'm looking for stuff on c.a.f, I use the "Google groups" interface to search for it (adding "group:comp.arch.fpga" to the text I type into the search box, or use the advanced search).

I still use GNUS to post though, no pointy-clicky for me :-)

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

Thanks Martin,

I found google groops and this seems to search into the archives without any problem and a nice interface to boot.

Don't know what c.a.f. stands for or how to use GNU, although for you keyboard guys, I hear it's great.

Brad Smallridge

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

comp.arch.fpga :)

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

You're welcome!

comp.arch.fpga :-)

Gnus is the usenet reader that runs within Emacs - once I'd started using Emacs for writing VHDL I discovered all sorts of other useful tools inside it as well!

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html
Reply to
Martin Thompson

Google indexes both the article pages, and the month indexes, and the author indexes at

Unfortunately, when it returns searc results, it sometimes gives the index pages, rather than the article pages. I have not found a way to avoid this.

What you can do, once you get to one of the index pages, is just do a text search on the page (ctrl-f) to find a link to the related article page. From there you can follow the articles by topic, by author, or cronologically.

Cheers, Philip Freidin

=================== Philip Freidin snipped-for-privacy@fpga-faq.org Host for

Philip Freidin