ERROR:iMPACT:1210 - '1':Boundary-scan chain test failed at bit position '1'

hi everyone, i am curently debugging a board developed havin vitex chip... when i try to program this board following error occurs.

ERROR:iMPACT:1210 - '1':Boundary-scan chain test failed at bit position '1'

i tried to go through the xilinx website and found some instruction but that did not help .. if any one encountered the same problem .... your help will be appreciated......

One of the reason I am thinking is the the speed with which the virtex chip and Jtag are operating are not matching, correct me if I am wrong. If yes is there anyway to change frequency of JTAG.

Reply to
boru

Which programming cable are you using to interface to the JTAG? What reference voltage into the programming cable are you using at the board interface?

Reply to
John_H

That error typically appears when there is no communication path to the FPGA or SPROM. Many things can cause this error, from lack of power to poor connections. Check that your test board has the correct jumper setting for boundary-scan. What board are you using?

-Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Lohbihler