EDK & custom board definitions

Hi All,

In the process of creating a custom board definition file for a new board I've developed I've discovered a few things about the naming and location of the .kbd files.

Here's the file location:

~/EDKLibs/MyProcessorIP/boards/RISATest_Rev1/data/RISATest_Rev1_v2_2_0.xbd

Firstly, it seems the kbd filename must end in _v2_2_0. Any ideas what that's all about?

Secondly, the board directory (RISATest_Rev1), must match the kbd filename minus the _v2_2_0 part.

I couldn't find anything in the docs explaining these requirements. Has anyone else?

Cheers Andy

Reply to
Andrew Greensted

I am assuming that you meant .xbd files, not .kbd files. Am I correct, or are .kbd files something new?

The documentation you want to read for creating .xbd files as well as the rest of the data files that go with cores is $EDK/doc/psm_rm.pdf, or the "Platform Specification Format Reference Manual".

The information on how to create the .xbd files was a bit sparse when I created them for our cards a few versions of EDK back. It helps that the files are plain text so that you can look at all of the examples of other .xbd files in $EDK/board/Xilinx/boards/*.

The psm_rm.pdf does mention the naming conventions for the directory and the .xbd file. It is on page 128 of v3.1.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill

Hi John, Thanks for the info. Yes I did mean .xbd. The psm_rm.pdf file helps a lot Cheers Andy

Reply to
Andrew Greensted