DDR simulation

I have a problem when simulating with samsung ddr behavioral model, I have tested my design with micron behavioral model but micron is not accurate regarding the tDQSS time constraint. so I used the samsung model, but I don't know why the DQS bus in write transactions goes to X

state. it seems that the behavioral model tries to force on the DQS while the controller tries to force on the DQS. so the result goes to X

state. I am not sure, my design is in VHDL and the samsung model in Verilog I uses ModelSim 5.5e PLUS to do the simulation I dunno where is the problem, can anyone help?

Reply to
ibrahim_magdy_ibrahim

Hi,

I am guessing you have the classic test bench where the inputs to the unit under test (UUT) are being changed precisely at a clock edge???? This results in the indeterminate ("X") state.

If your test bench is in Verilog then an extra #1 at the start of your initial block with respect to the clock generating loop should fix this.

For VHDL testbench a "wait for 1 ps" or something similar should do.

Enjoy,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Good

Hi

I have used the MICRON verilog model for my simulation...

- MT46V32M16 (8 Mb x 16 x 4 Banks)

- Micron 512 Mb SDRAM DDR (Double Data Rate)

it worked fine in simulation, no problem with tDQSS and then it worked on the card ;O)

one thing I suggest is just make sure you simulate your Clock2Out, Pad to Clock, DCM skew, PCB delays and all that stuff

Maybe your DDR controller things you are actually performing a RD command...

Verilog mixed with VHDL no problem at all.

--
I.Ulises Hernandez
" I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me,