Could you explain these speed spec to me?

Hi, I get the following data from a on-line slide on MAP decoder. I think "Speed" is about the max clock rate. How about the "Fastest Implementation"? Could you explain it to me?

Thanks.

............ Synthesis =95Synopsys =95Area: 0.96 mm2 =95Speed: 150 MHz =95Fastest Implementation: 110MHz

Reply to
fl

Sound like a local route from A to B allows you to do 150 mph, but the highway system would limit to 110 mph

So 110 is the number to take into your calculation... while 150 is just for fun !? or at least it tells you go to fix your highway if you want faster speed, and do not dig up you local routes

Reply to
Mawa_fugo