CMOS camera w/ USB2 -- crazy? - Page 2

Re: CMOS camera w/ USB2 -- crazy?
Should be good - burst rate is listed at 480, but fast wide SCSI had
burst rates like this - what is the sustained transfer rate - still not
really documented.

http://www.cypress.com/cfuploads/img/products/CY7C68013.pdf  is a good
chip for doing this, I think.

Tell me how it turns out

Andrew

Re: CMOS camera w/ USB2 -- crazy?
We have a CMOS (1.3 mpixel) camera based on TI TMS320DM642 DSP (4000 MIPS)
with USB 2.0 connectivity.  Changing it to your sensor should be
straightforward, since the sensor is on its own board.

Contact me at rich@XXapollo-image.com; take out the "XX" and I will give you
the password to our web site.

Re: CMOS camera w/ USB2 -- crazy?

{some text removed}

You might consider using a FPGA-board (Xilinx Spartan-II) with integrated
USB-2 interface (Cypress).
You can find a list of boards on
http://www.optimagic.com/boards.html

The USB-2 FPGA board I made (USB2FPGA), comes with schematics.
You can use it to build your own hardware if you like. If you dont want to
buy it, you can load the schematics from
http://www.cesys.com/english/Ebene2/download.htm

Here you find information about the board itsself:
http://www.cesys.com/english/Ebene3/USB2FPGA.htm

-> If you need help connecting your CCD to the board please contact me.

-Manfred, CESYS GmbH
mkraus-at-cesys-dot-com

Site Timeline