Any advice on programming XSA-50 w/ programming header pins

Hi

I'm playing around w/ a Xess XSA-50 board for a summer project. I'd like to configure the onboard Xilinx Spartan fpga via the prototyping header pins instead of the parallel port. I'm finding this quite complicated so far, even after (because of) reading the tiny section in the XSA documentation dedicated to programming w/ the header pins; any advice on it from those more experienced?

The clocking sequence and configuration bitstream will be coming from another Xilinx fpga that's being streamed the .bit configuration file from a computer. I've already erased the CPLD on the XSA-50 so that it doesn't interfere w/ the configuration but the Spartan doesn't even seem to be acknowledging the process.

Thanks for reading

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
cargopatch