Altera mySupport

hi folks ... since I often see comments in this group pounding on the manufacturers technical support problems I thought I'd offer a different view ... I currently have three Cyclone projects in development, one in house and two for contract customers , and I recently got in the tough stuff over my head and fired off two Altera mySupport requests, the next business day both were answered thoughtfully and in detail ( one took about half a page of typed out steps ) ... yes sometimes the 24hr response time can be a drain but I once again have been suprised with quality support. just my 2'c KB (come on Cyclone 2)

Reply to
Khim Bittle

My experience with Altera's mySupport is pretty bad. Out of 5 questions I asked them none was replied to my satisfication. When I followed up, they asked for my design files, when it was completely unnecessary. I wasn't really asking for any design problems, but rather capabilities and features of the Cyclone.

Reply to
Naveed

In-house tech support groups for any company are optimized to answer FAQs and provide work-arounds for reproducable bugs. It's the sales and field apps guys that love to talk capabilities and features.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler