Good to see this group is still active!

Wow! I just got back on Usenet after literally 18+ years and it's great to see this is one of the last text groups still active with real people talking! Good to see Sam Goldwasser and others still on here. Sam incorporated a "tip" I made regarding vacuum tube televisions on his TV FAQ back in 1997! I had a lot of great memories lurking and posting in this group from 1995 to 1997. Thanks all!

Reply to
Mike Mocha

Welcome back! Were you trapped on a desert island with only a volleyball for company?

John ;-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Worse, I was stuck on ISPs without Usenet. I used to have various dial up accounts until 2002 until reasonably priced DSL came to my area. The difference was that DSL didn't include anything but total garbage Usenet. Of course years later it was totally dropped from all ISPs and still is. Now I have 635/20 Mbps cable service which is like a 1.2 million percent increase in speed from the dial up days and a reasonably cheap Usenet provider that I pay extra for.

Reply to
Mike Mocha

Eternal September and aioe have been free for a long time.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I am glad as well. Back in the 1990's and 2000's, I used Usenet groups all the time. Most of the ones that are used are no longer active.

Reply to
Kirk M

Likewise. This is the first time I've been on here for at least a decade! regards, b.

Reply to
eclectiktronikmail