When using DAC/ADC pairs, which way is more resistant to noise and nonlinearities?

I am inexperienced with analog thingy.

My digital clock is 40MHz, modulates a 10mbps bit stream into some waveforms. The modulated output value lies between two narrow bands, 0-63 for input zero or 960-1023 for input ones, when input bit flips, output also change between lower band and higher band. When input bit remain unchanged, output flactuates within their narrow bands.

Now my task is to send this waveform through TI DAC290x-EVM (DAC chip) and Analog AD9218 (ADC chip), and make the demodulator demodulate the ADC outputs.

My digital outputs are in 2's compliment, I can easily convert that into binary value (thus between 448-576) if it's advantageous.

Which is better option?

Reply to
Frank

between

Does it make sense to shift the binary value left/right by 3 bits in my digital chip? It's likely to make it more resilient against gaussian noise in analog domain.

Reply to
Frank