Tech: Help Identifing a Motorola ASIC / FPGA

Looking to identify an "ASIC" and find information on same.

Known info is as follows:

Motorola
84pin PLCC
Circa Mid-late 1980's
2 MHz clock rate (in one application)

Marking line1 - M                       (Duh!)
Marking line2 - S38FC049PIO3
Marking line 3 - ZKZKAC9039

Speculative information:

This module was programmed locally.

Any guesses?  I can post a picture if it would help.

Jim Knight
Remove NOSPAM from direct email response

Re: Tech: Help Identifing a Motorola ASIC / FPGA

Use a picture hosting service or your own web-site and post just the URL
link here if you need to show a picture.