Skip 20F001N in RTL8019AS

Could anyone tell me whether I could skip the 20F001N and directly
connect the RX+/- and TX+/- to the RJ45 and RTL8019AS directly?

Thanks!

Re: Skip 20F001N in RTL8019AS

Um, no... I seriously doubt this would work.  There are several
inductors and a transformer in the block for filtering and isolation.
And depending on the controller, the transformer windings are also not
1:1.

Why not just get an RJ45 jack with internal magnetics?  They're only
slightly larger than a standard RJ-45 jack, and not expensive at all.
Then only a few resistors and caps are needed on the signals between the
RTL8019AS and the RJ-45.

Bothhand and Delta are very popular, but there are many companies in
this space.  Here are a few:
http://www.bothhand.com /
http://www.deltaww.com/products/networking/integrated.htm
http://www.belfuse.com /
http://www.haloelectronics.com/lan.html#fastjack
http://www.pulseeng.com/products/product_finder/product_finder.cfm?category_key10%9
http://www.stewartconnector.com/magjack/magjack.htm
http://ps.circuitprotection.com/coev/lan /
http://www.molex.com /

Digi-Key sells Tyco and 1-2 others, though they're cleverly hidden
amongst the other RJ-45 jacks and critical specs are missing (i.e., read
the manufacturer specs before looking on Digi-Key for pricing).

See also http://www.edtp.com for proto boards and loose parts.  Ask if
you don't see the part listed - Ed's pretty good about selling loose
parts.

Re: Skip 20F001N in RTL8019AS
http://www.pulseeng.com/products/product_finder/product_finder.cfm?category_key10%9

I have tried connecting it directly to PC and XP could detects the
existence and shows the connecion icon on the tray. But I am not sure
whether this represents the data sent/received is ok. But anyway, your
information is very helpful. Thank you very much.

Re: Skip 20F001N in RTL8019AS
OK, now I use a T-filter which is from an old broad. The data can be
received now. So I confirm that direct connection is not ok.

Site Timeline