Semihosting help

i am using a multi-ice sever with axd debugger i need to write a c program to handle semihosting read character command but i have difficulties reading in the character. there is some problem preventing me from stepping over the readc command below is my c code which is not working can anyone help to guide me along

#ifdef __thumb /* Define Thumb Semihosting SWI */ #define SemiSWI 0xAB #else /* Define ARM Semihosting SWI */ #define SemiSWI 0x123456 #endif __swi(SemiSWI) void _ReadC(unsigned op);

char ReadC() { char r0_value; _ReadC(0x7); __asm { ldr r1,[r0_value] strb r0,[r1] }

return r0_value; }

after _ReadC(0x7) is run the debugger is supposed to load the character entered in the debug channel into register r0. I need to store the content of r0 into the variable r0_value.

Reply to
longchuan