reducing flash size in embedded processors?

can't

That's implied, obviously. No one would like to drive such a car. A test drive could be the last drive. :)

Alex

Reply to
Alexei A. Frounze

Reversal of phase in a control system is very bad news indeed.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I almost broke a foot that way.

Our torque tool would run up against the stop and the error integral would get larger and larger until the hydralic valve was all the way open and the tool putting out around 2200 foot-pounds of torque.

Then *bam*, the error term rolled over, the hydralic value slammed to the other stop, and the 75 pound tool would do a nice back flip as it immediately tried to apply 2200 foot pounds of torque in the other direction.

Since the test setup was near my desk, debugging that problem meant standing way the hell out of the way. At first I wouldn't believe it was a software problem ("Gee Jeff, where do you buy such crummy proportional valves?"). Now I have a better understanding of saturating math and defensive coding and keep an open mind when troubleshooting. :)

Probably still some pictures of the tool online at

"Turning Point 2000" was the product, although the control system was almost identical to the big tool.

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly Hall