Code security on modern 32bit embedded processors

Wondered what the state of the art is on keeping embedded code secret. Who does it better these days?

I see some secure processors from Atmel and a few others, but they seem more oriented to securing comms and data than in securing their own code.

Reply to
tns1

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

If these guys do this just for fun, I suppose there must be low-profile companies who will pull the code off of any chip for $$$, no questions asked.

So the best security is to design things no one wants to duplicate.

Reply to
tns1

ARM TrustZone provides a convenient way for authenticating code, but for confidentiality you need also some secure storage. There should be some ARM chips like that out there.

Legrandin

Reply to
Legrandin