embedded processors

hai, I would appreciate if some one suggest some embedded processors that have the following characteristics: -less than 100 instructions -some onboard memory(other than cache) I'm not being lazy, it's just that I've been googling and it seems to take up a lot of time, which i'm short of.

thank you very much.

Krishna

Reply to
Krishna Sagiraju

Please, go spend your time on something important while others google for some answers to your homework assignment.

"Less than 100 instructions" and "some" onboard memory doesn't mean a whole lot in the real world.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

The requirements you propose are not enaugh to choose an embedded processor offered by the market. In order to help you to make the right choise you should also specify the kind of application you are going to build and the final price you have as target. An embedded processor owns some specific features depending the kind of market was targeted by the designer/manifacturer.

Best Regards

/Alessandro

Reply to
Alessandro Strazzero

Intel 8021 family, starts with 64 instructions and 64 byte RAM, evolving to the 8049 (original PC keyboard processor)

Probably too young to know these ancient processors, although they and their descendents may still be lurking in your TV

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

Every microcontroller will fit this. If there are 100 or more instructions available, only use 99 or less of them.

Every microcontroller has onboard memory (and the 32 registers in the AVR1200 and TinyAVR DO count as memory).

Time is always short. Research always takes lots of time.

You're welcome. It's late, I'm gonna go to sleep.

-----

Ben Bradley

Look at atmel.com for their AVRs, look at Microchip.com for any code size (not too big ;-) for their PIC12 through PIC18, look at

for devices with excellent analog features.

Need a 16-bit? Look at

for HC12,
look at ST10.

Need more? Make up your mind and you might get better answers

Reply to
Schwob