Re: Interfacing to Serial LCD

Hi Charles,

I tried a search for { standard LCD instruction codes } on Google, and came
up with

LCD Instruction Codes
      Instruction Code (Decimal)
      Clear Screen 1
      Home position (move cursor top left of display) 2
      Move cursor one character position left 16
      Move cursor one character position right 20
      Scroll display one character position left 24
      Scroll display one character position right 28
      Set cursor porition (DDRAM address) 128 + addr
      Set point in character-generator (CG) Ram 64 + addr

'May' need an <escape> character <254>. as in     <254><1>

May work.

Jay

Re: Interfacing to Serial LCD

Thanks, Wouter, but I don't think I could drive 15 minutes and pick them
up at your place!

(Of course, it took them 20 minutes to find them when I did drive down
there!  Not a lot of walkin business!)

Part of this, is that I will eventually be interfacing to a HC908QY, but
wanted to have some idea how to talk to the thing before I did...

Thanks,
Charlie
Edmondson Engineering
Unique Solutions to Unusual Problems

Re: Interfacing to Serial LCD

No, sorry, you must have a paypal account, transfer the money, and in
most cases you would have them in your mailbox in two days (in UK).
But no driving involved (unless your mialbox is far from your door).

I dunno about that chip (a Motorola uC?), I am into PICs..

Wouter van Ooijen

http://www.voti.nl
PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Re: Interfacing to Serial LCD