Q) fast serial communication method

Hi, Dears.

These days, I am searching the fast serial communication method.

It has some conditions.

  a. fast(more than 10Mbps)  -- (No, Ehernet), (No, CAN bus)
  b. use the differential line
  c. (If possible) one chip solution like UART...

I will use it board(PCB) to board(PCB) data exchange.

Please, help me.

Thank you.

Suhyeong Jang.
snipped-for-privacy@daum.net

Re: Q) fast serial communication method

The AMD TAXI chips might still be available. That was very fast.

Leon
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Re: Q) fast serial communication method
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:16:22 +0100, "Leon Heller"

AMD discontinued their TAXI chips quite a while ago, as I recall.
Cypress had some sort of equivalent that we used for a redesign.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

PCI-Express?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'd like MY data-base
                                  at               JULIENNED and stir-fried!

How fast do you need to go?

100Base-T Ethernet using an SMSC LAN91C111 nearly fulfils these
requirements - it needs a transformer but is basically a one-chip
solution.

Firewire? USB2?

Cheers
TW

Re: Q) fast serial communication method

Upto several Gb/s?

Differential transmission and reception

Hmm

How about LVDS (embeds clock in the data stream), simple chips available
meant for backplane interconnect, or possibly PLDs (Altera etc) which have
LVDS pins.

Look at National Semi for LVDS, Texas do a TMDS similar thing, Altera etc.
for PLDs.

Just a few thoughts.

Main place I have used them for LCD interconnects, but considered them for
other applications.

--
Paul Carpenter        | snipped-for-privacy@pcserv.demon.co.uk
<http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/ Main Site

There are the "serdes" solutions, i think offered by TexasInstruments
and there are a bunch of parallel LVDS lines driven by some
FPGA. The "serdes" is basically parallel to seriell and the other way
round with GBit speeds on the serial.
I'm only halfway familiar with the Altera FPGA families, which
offer from 400Mbit to 3GBit per LVDS channel.

Rene

Re: Q) fast serial communication method

You need to give some more information on :
- how much faster than 10Mbps ?
- Distances and noise immunity expected ?
- is isolation a requirement ?
- What devices/information is being linked ?

  SPI Bus variants can go > 10Mbps, and a ring topology
addresses by position, so can be fast and simple from
a single master.
  For more complex system link busses, there are quite a few BUS
schemes, going up to past 1GBps.
-jg

Re: Q) fast serial communication method
Hi J,

You have the Synchronous Serial Interface (SSI) architecture that can help;
but I am not sure that current circuit with SSI interface with a
differential line is available.

JaI