Powerful uC/CPU in non-BGA package...

What are the choices nowadays for a fast uC/CPU with:

- non-BGA package
- ethernet built-in
- able to run (uC)linux
- JTAG boundary scan for flashing

Seen the AT91RM2000 but it is Mask ROM only...

rick

Re: Powerful uC/CPU in non-BGA package...

Sharp ARM-7 and ARM-9 devices...

Dejan

Re: Powerful uC/CPU in non-BGA package...

I don't  view Sharp ARM's with onboard Ethernet with non BGA Package.

LH79524 (ARM7TDMI  Core) contain Ethernet 10/100 but
product status - In development and package CABGA 208.

LH79525 (ARM7TDMI Core) - Package LQFP 176 contain Ethernet 10/100
but product status - In development.

How soon they become available to order?

Best Regards,
Dmitriy Cherkashin.

Re: Powerful uC/CPU in non-BGA package...

The AT91RM9200 is intended to run from external memory.
The ROM it there mainly to get rid of the requirement to flash using JTAG.
You flash by sending files to the Debug UART.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

What about availability and pricing?
Guess I have to bug atmel.fi or Nordinc again for sampling (o;

rick

Re: Powerful uC/CPU in non-BGA package...
comp.arch.embedded:

We've been using this part for quite some time (first prototypes Q3
2003) and have had no trouble getting parts at all.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Did you use those Atmel EK/DK boards? Guess those are not cheap (o;

Or are there any toger vendors for AT91RM9200 kits?

thx in advance

There are cheaper boards available at www.at91.com

http://www.mechatronicbrick.dk is a new DIMM board with the
AT91RM9200 + 8 MB Dataflash + 4 MB parallel flash + PHY.
There is also a motherboard + a nice script to get Linux runningl.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

EVM9200 - AT91RM9200-QI Based Evaluation board

http://www.ucrouter.ru/english/hardware.html

Features
-Atmel Corporation controller AT91RM9200
-4 MBytes flash (4M x 8)
-SPI flash (optional)
-16/23 MBytes SDRAM (4M x 32)
-Two serial async interfaces (RS-232, DB-9)
-10/100 Ethernet interface (RJ-45)
-10 LEDs (5 Ethernet and 5 software controlled)
-Connector (96 pins) for extension module (optional)
-Connector (70 pins) for extension module
-USB host, USB device
-Connector MMC
-Reset button
-JTAG header (20 pins) for debuger
-Dimensions: 154 mm x 122 mm
-Supply voltage: 5V 10% DC

Best Regards,
Dmitriy Cherkashin.
www.ucrouter.ru/english
snipped-for-privacy@ucrouter.ru

Re: Powerful uC/CPU in non-BGA package...

Nice job (o;

Anything about pricing/availability?

thx in advance
rick