uC in 80-pin QFP100 package?

Hi! I have some wasted electronics with an IC in a package that looks like a QFP100 package, but there are no pins on one side, which means it has 80 pins (30 on two sides and 20 on one side). It seems to be a microcontroller, but I'm not sure. It is not possible to read the text on the package. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Thank you!

Reply to
ttl_idiot

Well, to be accurate, the package likely does not have pins on three sides... ;^)

This is a dead IC. QFP100s all start with pins on four of the six sides.

Reply to
rickman

This is probably an FPGA, floorplanned to use only 3 sides. I bet the programming pins are on the missing side as well.

Reply to
linnix

linnix skrev:

I am not sure I understand what you mean with floorplanned. Just clarifying one thing: The side where there are no pins, it seems like there never have been any either, no pin stubs, just smooth plastic. Pins 23,24,40,41,57,58 are all connected to GND. Pins 21,22,34,35,47,59,60 are all connected to Vdd. The missing pins are to the left of the dot, corresponding to pins

81-100 on a QFP100. Anyone, please feel free to guess what it could be. Thank you!
Reply to
ttl_idiot

I've only seen one chip in my experiences that mostly matches your description: The NEC =B5PD16310 comes in a 64 pin package, with 24 pins on two opposite sides, and 16 pins on one of the other sides. NEC's description of the package is "80-pin plastic QFP (3 direction lead)". That chip is described as a "HIGH VOLTAGE CMOS DRIVER FOR PDP, EL, VFD".

Hope this helps,

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Noone