NEWBIE : A way through embedded system development

I have a basic acknowledge of PIC. And I take OS, Logic and Computer
Design, x86 Assembly in university, and wrote some codes on
experimental board (processor 80386).

Now I want to go deeper on embedded systems. But i don't know where to
start. e.q. Which microprocessor should i select? Which books are for
me?

Thanks...

Re: NEWBIE : A way through embedded system development

have a look at:
http://www.dontronics.com/auto.html
although a little dated now, it should give you some pointers to more valuable
info on the web.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie