Menu system

Could anyone give me source code example to build menu system whihc is
running on graphic LCD?

Thanks!

Re: Menu system
Buy the book "Front Panel" by Niall Murphy, it includes a CDROM with
source code.

Re: Menu system
I also want source code of Dialog and Message box and text box and others.

Thanks!

Re: Menu system

Again "Front Panel" is there for you.

Re: Menu system

I want to see some example screen catpure before buying the book.
Could I find in the web?

Re: Menu system
On 24 Nov, in article

Do you mean captures of what example software produces, which would
mean you are looking for someone to do the work for you.

Yes Amazon, I saw a previous post recommend it and did some research and
looked for it myself, found it and took a gamble on buying it so far quite
impressed.

Quite a few of the embedded books I have come across make me wonder what
was embedded about the book, this is different.

Re: Menu system

No. I do not mean that. I mean I want to see some LCD screen captures
of in the book to let me examine how beautiful and professional the
GUIs such as dialogs and menus.

Re: Menu system

There is no ready made Dialog and Message Boxes in the book.
But you can easily do your own if purchase the book.

Look at www.panelsoft.com for more information.

Re: Menu system

Look at FLTK or eFLTK code.

Regards.

Re: Menu system

They seems to be not for graphical LCD! Any free code? I want library
as I know it is not simple.

Re: Menu system
I have FLTK running on MicroWindows (framebuffer) under Linux on a
640x480 DSTN monochrome LCD. And it is open source.

Regards.

Elder.

Re: Menu system

Could it run on MCU which has only 4k ram?

Re: Menu system

Not at all. But this requirement wasn't mentioned on this in your first
post. I understood you just wanted to inspect some code to have a
starting point.

Swell Software PEG library has a much lower footprint (not enough for
your case though) and comes with source code. Besides it is expensive
though.

Some links a quick google research on "microcontroller GUI" (no quotes)
returned
http://www.segger.com/pricelist_emwingsc.html
http://www.microcommander.com/overview/whatisit.htm
http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID99%01165

The third link suggests you'd better include a second controller to your
system. Segger's emwin seems to fit but it is somewhat expensive,
depending on your budget.

If these are not options, you will probably have to code by yourself
based on FLTK/eFLTK code. Just remember it may turn out to be more
expensive than buying an off the shelf product.

HTH.

Regards.

Elder.

Site Timeline