Marvell Linkstreet 88E6021

I am having trouble with this switch it works at 100mb/s with all the
ethernet IC's I have tested except the davicom DM9161. The transmitt Pais
are asymetrical and have a positive overshoot, they should be symetrical, I
need suggestions to help resolve this problem, I am getting rather
desperate. I presume this overshoot is to blame however it could be
something else completely. The device reports a link at 100mb/s but data it
transmitted and recieved in error.

I have read on the net that this could be related to impedance mismatching
however I have followed the datasheet.

Thanks Nicholas

Site Timeline