Looking for help! Accessing SD card using SPI mode

I am currently develop a data logger system using MC68HC11A0 microprocessor with expanded mode.

I am a bit confused with the mass information that i get from the internet. Maybe someone who had done it before can provide me the schematic diagram to connect the SD card using SPI mode?

Please send me the related source code to access the SD card if possible. Thanks.

Reply to
cade

As you say, there are lots of places around the 'net that have some or all of this.

One that does tie it all together rather well was the series in Circuit Cellar earlier this year. Hop over to

and look at issues 222 and 223.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Thats no good, read what the OP said. The OP wants YOU to send the related source code. I should have done this when I studied engineering, would have been a lot easier.

Reply to
The Real Andy

At times like this you really want a library of spaghetti code written in ALGOL or Fortran or [insert suitable unlikely language or no longer available processor assembler here]...

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Great. Now someone will post that they are in "univ" and that they are making spaghetti and then insist that you send them speghetti code.

:-P

Perhaps I'm doing my work all wrong. I should just insist that someone send to me completed code. Is that what engeneers are now days? I can imagine the interview: "Tell me what code you have written." "None, really. I just got the code sent to me by asking for it."

Reply to
Uniden

Hi Cade,

One study you may find useful is for the 8052 microcontroller. You can easily construct a data logging system with the CompactFlash and SD card implementations. A FAT16 filesystem is available as a value extra.

Regards, Tressie.

Trespasser

You can also read the tutorial here:

It's a step by step method for using Chan's library, which can be found here:

Hope this helps,

Dave

Reply to
DavesGarage

If you're looking for an alternative FAT FS, check out FullFAT:

and:

James

Reply to
james.walmsley