Information about Zigbee

Hi,

I need some clarification on the zigbee protocol.

1) Does Zigbee protocol support point to point communication or is i point to multipoint communication?. 2) Where can the device information i.e 64 bit unique address of a zigbe device be found.? Will it be embedded in the device flash/memory or is it information which is just given with the hardware.?

Please clarify the above doubts in the earliest.

Thanks in Advance,

Ram P B

Reply to
ramprasadpb

I learned that the Zigbee protocol has been adopted and modified to form the ISA100.11a standard. You could look that up for a start as there are some useful additions.

The answer to both of your questions is at:-

Fill in the form and follow the other instructions to get your copy of the ZIgbee standard.

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Paul E. Bennett

Further to my first response you might like to also take a look at:-

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Paul E. Bennett

Zigbee is based on 802.15.4 and the 802.15.4 standard allows for communication in a point-to-point or a point-to-multipoint configuration.

So, it supports it and also supports mesh !!

It is just like the MAC address embedded in hardware which can be got by sending the appropriate request command.

Even bluetooth devices have similar kind of device IDs(unique address).

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru