Information about Zigbee

   I need some clarification on the zigbee protocol.

 1) Does Zigbee protocol support point to point communication or is i
point to multipoint communication?.

 2) Where can the device information i.e 64 bit unique address of a zigbe
device be found.? Will it be embedded in the device flash/memory or is it
information which is just given with the hardware.?

   Please clarify the above doubts in the earliest.

Thanks in Advance,

 Ram P B

Re: Information about Zigbee

I learned that the Zigbee protocol has been adopted and modified to form the
ISA100.11a standard. You could look that up for a start as there are some
useful additions.

The answer to both of your questions is at:-

  <http://www.zigbee.org/en/spec_download/download_request.asp

Fill in the form and follow the other instructions to get your copy of the
ZIgbee standard.

Re: Information about Zigbee

Further to my first response you might like to also take a look at:-

        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZigBee_specification
        <http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00965a.pdf>

Re: Information about Zigbee

Zigbee is based on 802.15.4 and the 802.15.4 standard allows for
communication in a point-to-point or a point-to-multipoint
configuration.

So, it supports it and also supports mesh !!

It is just like the MAC address embedded in hardware which can
be got by sending the appropriate request command.

Even bluetooth devices have similar kind of device IDs(unique
address).

Karthik Balaguru

Site Timeline