PIC18 Pseudo-Instructions

Hi. Can anyone advise please?

I'm migrating code from a base device to a PIC18Fxxx. No real problems except the original code uses Pseudo-Instructions and I can't find equivalent(s) for the higher-end devices. Do they exist for the 18F parts or do I have to take say, CLRC and use BCF STATUS,C instead?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
PigPOg

Thanks Spehro - someone on the Microchip forum has suggested Macros as well. I'll do this instead.

Ta, Simon

Reply to
PigPOg

AFAIUI, Microchip is discouraging the use of pseudo instructions even for the 12 & 14 bit cores. I think it's a good idea to get rid of them, particularly the ones that generate more than one instruction.

If you must have them, simply write some macros, but I would definitely use upper case so it's obvious that they are macros.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Strip off the pseudo-instructions.

Karthik Balaguru