IIC on H8S/2633?

Greetings all:

I'm having difficulty getting the I2C module on the
Renesas/Hitachi HD64F2633RTE28 to work properly for reads.
(Bus Master only, single byte reads)

Writes work great.

Reads work mostly, but half the time I get an extra
9 clocks for a single byte read. It only works if I
insert a delay after the clearing IRIC after the first reading
of ICDR. Sometimes the controller freezes with SCL held low.
The target (slave) is an FM24C256.

What I need to see is some correct non-interrupt C code
(single byte write) that works. The application notes
from Renesas are no help at all, with errors and poor descriptions.

(Note: to reply, delete the last character before .com)

regards,
DArcy Roberts
H T Watt and Associates Ltd.

Re: IIC on H8S/2633?
On Thursday, in article

Which suggests you have not got the acknowledge bit setting correct
and/or a timing error on setting registers.

The newest application note that covers that module is

        Using The Tiny IęC Interface In Master Mode
                        H8/3664N

Which includes commented C listings available from the European
Renesas site. The same IIC module is used in the H8/Tiny series
as the H8S/2633, Some functions may be disabled, but there is enough
there to get you going.

Try the following app notes

<http://documentation.renesas.com/eng/products/mpumcu/apn/rej06b0104.pdf
<http://documentation.renesas.com/eng/products/mpumcu/apn/rej06b0126.pdf

Or the general IIC page

<http://eu.renesas.com/servlet/request?LANGUAGE_CD=EN&LAYER_ID=1&SCREEN_ID=ViewUsrFrameApnDocumentSearch&FUNCTION_CD=I2C%20bus%20I/F&DOC_TYPE=Application%20Notes&FUNCTION_FLG=1

My experiences with IIC and H8/H8S is mainly with adding the Philips
PCF8584 controller to a processor that did not have the IIC controller
due to the fact of design change after hardware and code for first
stage was almost complete.

--
Paul Carpenter        | snipped-for-privacy@pcserv.demon.co.uk
<http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/ Main Site