I can't set a breakpoint ?

I'm running Renesas e2 studio version 3.1.0.24. I used to be able to set breakpoints without any problem.

Today, I can't set a breakpoint. I double click on a line and nothing happens.

FYI, when e2 studio is closed, there is a process running e2studio.exe

*32.

learn

I know nothing specific about your setup, but trying some combination of rebooting everything may help.

Is your software still talking to the chip? Most ARM Cortex parts that I've used come with the ability to disable the debug port in software; usually this means having to replace the chip (unless you build in an escape hatch into your software -- which I routinely do).

I use the OpenOCD tool along with the STLink probe for ARM-core products; every once in a while I need to unplug the STLink from USB and the board, power down the board, and then reconnect and power everything up.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I shut down my computer. Now, I can set breakpoint in at least one file but I cannot set breakpoint in at least one other file.

The breakpoint menu is enabled in file where I can set breakpoints. The breakpoint menu is disabled in file where I cannot set breakpoints.

The code is running fine in the debugger.

learn

Was the file you cannot set breakpoints in compiled without debug turned on ? IOW, make sure you're using the "debug" build or whatever the toolchain requires to turn on debug and rebuild everything.

On the Gnu toolchain, it's the "-g" option. Many compilers use the GNU options. Capture the output from your build and make sure the right options are set.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

nothing

e2studio.exe

of

that

software;

file

breakpoints.

I used to be able to hover over local variable to see it's value. Now, I cannot hover over local variables in the debugger. However, in eclipse IDE I can hover over local variables and see information. I think something is not setup correctly in my debugger. Do I need to do something with the Indexer ? What is it ? How to use it ?

My project is based on Renesas RH850F1L Microcontroller. My language is 'C'.

learn

Are you absolutely sure that you have compiled exactly the same version of the source code that you try to debug ?

Reply to
upsidedown

Check the code is not a library module, all modules have NO optimistaion and debug mode set.

You may be hovering over variable or code that has been optimised away.

    PC Services
  Raspberry Pi Add-ons
 Timing Diagram Font
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul

able

combination

turned

GNU

eclipse

is

Add-ons

Font

Now I can't set breakpoints anywhere but my application runs fine. From main menu, I go to Windows - Show Views - Disassembly. When Disassembly window opens, debugger stops responding.

learn