GNU/Linux PNNL supercomputer fastest open system in U.S.

1.8T HP supercomputer with Intel Itanium2 processors running
GNU/Linux  reaches full operations.

RICHLAND, Wash. ? The Department of Energy?s Pacific Northwest
National Laboratory is now home to the United States? fastes
t operational unclassified supercomputer. The laboratory?s 11.8
teraflops industry-standard HP Integrity system came to full
operating power this week, marking the next advance in
high-performance computing designed to enable new insights in
the environmental and molecular sciences, including chemistry
, biology, climate and subsurface chemistry.

http://www.pnl.gov/news/2003/03-33.htm

--
              Kind Regards from Terry
    My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Gentoo-1.4_rc2

Opps, sorry folks, wrong news group, I'd better clean my glasses more
often!