Ethernet chip with serial port

I need an Ethernet interface chip (10M will do) but instead of a normal
parallel memory mapped connection to a uC, I'd like to use either I2C or
SPI. Does anyone know of any devices that use a serial interface?

TIA.

Rog.

Re: Ethernet chip with serial port

You might want to take a look at the Lantronix Xport device, ethernet on one
end, serial async port on the other. It will also allow you to download
custom applications, the entire TCP/IP stack is available through an API.

Meindert

Re: Ethernet chip with serial port

Yes,

The Wiznet W3100A has got an I2C port.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Ethernet chip with serial port

Microchip's ENC28J60 has an SPI interface.

--
John W. Temples, III

Re: Ethernet chip with serial port
Have a look at this