doubts on NAND flash technology

Hi all,
 i have few doubts on NAND flash technology:
1. why do NAND flashes have bad blocks, while NOR dont.(is it true?)
2. what is meant by 'journalling file system'( regarding teh file
system usage)?

 i am new to file systems and OS concepts. so i do have some doubts on
them too.
1. where does the 'file system' sit? for eg., if we are using a flash
memory card for a PC, will it sit on flash or/and on hard-disk?
2. on what basis should we choose a file system for flash?

Thanks
Kaushik

Re: doubts on NAND flash technology
Hi all,
 i have few doubts on NAND flash technology:
1. why do NAND flashes have bad blocks, while NOR dont.(is it true?)
2. what is meant by 'journalling file system'( regarding teh file
system usage)?

 i am new to file systems and OS concepts. so i do have some doubts on
them too.
1. where does the 'file system' sit? for eg., if we are using a flash
memory card for a PC, will it sit on flash or/and on hard-disk?
2. on what basis should we choose a file system for flash?

Thanks
Kaushik

Site Timeline