Digi or Lantronix

Hi all,

I am about to add ethernet to a device with a serial port and I am trying to decide which canned solution I should go for: Digi (Me and Wi-Me) or Lantronix. Any suggestions and hands-on experiences with both?

What puts me off with Lantronix is that they have different formfactors for wired and wireless and that the driver installation on the PC requires .NET to be installed (a whopping 23Mb) just to run the driver installer and configuration utility.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

The Xport sucks: Exceptionally useless hardware and software. The software is based on an archaic kernel called SuperTask, which really SUCKS!!!

Reply to
Wilfred Nilsen

Why?

Meindert