CRC calculation performance

Hello. Can anyone tell me how fast a TI C6202 can perform a CRC 16 calculation? How many cycles would it take it to calculate the CRC on 1KB?

Thanks, Gilad.

Reply to
Gilad Cohen

Based on a LUT or doing all the funky shifts and XOR's ?

Reply to
Gary Pace

The faster among the two. I believe the actual xoring will be faster with the C6202. I'm sure the ALUs can do it faster than using a big LUT in the RAM. Have you ever implemented CRC without a LUT? Gilad.

Reply to
Gilad Cohen